The English language exam that shows you have mastered the basics.
A Cambridge English: Preliminary (PET) qualification shows that you have mastered the basics of English and now have practical language skills for everyday use.
This exam is the logical step in your language learning journey between Cambridge English: Key (KET) and Cambridge English: First (FCE).
|Test format:||Computer or paper-based|
|No. of papers:||3|
|Exam length:||About 2 hours 20 minutes|
A Cambridge English: Preliminary qualification shows that you can:
- read simple textbooks and articles in English
- write letters and emails on everyday subjects
- take meeting notes
- show awareness of opinions and mood in spoken and written English.
Reasons to choose Cambridge English: Preliminary:
- Develop your ability to communicate in English for practical tasks and situations.
- Gain a valuable qualification that is accepted worldwide.
- Improve your work, study and travel prospects.